Hydro Expansion Unit Features
The TECO Hydro Expansion Unit has been developed for speedy simple tube expanding in the construction of heat exchangers, condensers, steam generators, cooling apparatus, etc. Tubes are expanded by precisely controlled hydraulic pressure.
The primary pressure is obtained by using oil and the secondary pressure by water. It is the water that creates the pressure for the tube expansion. This equipment can easily expand large wall thickness tubes without occurence of flaking.
- Expands in one action tubes with a large wall thickness.
- Expands tubes over a long length.
- Eliminates the need for step tube expanding.
- No work hardening of the tube as this is not a rolling type expansion.
- Eliminates distortion of the tube sheet as there is no extension of the tube during expansion.
- Does not therefore stress welded tube ends.
- Increased holding strength between tube and tube sheet.
- Tighter tubes in ring grooved tube sheets.
- Smooth contour change between expanded and non expanded part of the tube.
- Eliminates the need to clean down after expanding.
- No rotary reaction of the tube to hold.
- Reduced operator fatigue.